Marketing Specialist, Targeting
Job ID 2022-3952
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
This position supports the Medscape Professional Sales team who sells engagement and advertising products primarily to biopharmaceutical and medical device companies. The Targeting Strategist will provide support for approximately four to six sales reps in the form of presale and post-sale optimization of target audience to be marketed to. The Targeting Strategist also serves as the source of information on sold deals to internal execution teams and will work with these teams to ensure targeting information is communicated thoroughly and effectively. She/he needs to possess a strong attention to detail, the ability to form effective working relationships with a variety of sales reps, the skill to think outside the box to interpret and solve complex asks, and the ability to manage their time to work effectively during busy sales cycles.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Strong understanding of Medscape’s targeting capabilities to provide strategic guidance on construction of audiences relevant to brand needs
- Ability to understand and manipulate data to support marketing audience construction and analysis
- Thorough knowledge of the technical details and strategic positioning of Medscape’s suite of products
- Detailed understanding of Salesforce process for clear communication and transfer of information to program execution teams
- Coordination and management of internal teams to meet needs around custom requests
- Liaison between Sales force and internal departments (eg: Sales Planning, Business Intelligence, Client Services, Program Marketing, Finance, Contracting, Sales Ops) to create and communicate presales and sold deal information
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2+ years online healthcare marketing, and/or sales development experience preferred
- Team player with strong organizational and relationship building skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple requests and tasks from a variety of Sales rep partners
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products is required