Sr Manager, Strategic Accounts
Job ID 2020-2123
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is the world's most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Professional Health Network includes Medscape, eMedicine, theheart.org and Medscape Education. WebMD's professional portals are highly regarded and very well known; Medscape.com is the largest physician portal in the world.
WebMD Global is the division of WebMD responsible for all territories outside the USA, and features the stellar brand, Medscape. This role is specific to the Medscape division of WebMD Global.
WebMD Global, the fastest growing division of WebMD, seeks an experienced, driven sales professional as Senior Manager of Strategic Accounts (DSA). The Senior Manager will be responsible for the marketing and selling of Medscape’s unique call suite of digital promotional solutions to global and regional teams within the Life Sciences industry. The Senior Manager will have principal responsibility for acquiring, managing and expanding new client accounts throughout their territory and in related client subsidiaries worldwide. The DSA will also manage maintain and grow existing accounts. The successful candidate will be a natural and supportive client partner, develop and maintain excellent relationships, and will have the drive of a real hunter in securing new relationships and business with clients. The role is backed by some of the industry's most impressive support services in sales, client services, marketing and operations.
Frequent travel is required to client meetings and medical conferences, mainly in UK and Europe but also to the USA and elsewhere. A highly competitive compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
- Significant experience and demonstrable results from selling to and working with regional and global pharmaceutical companies (medical device, or biotech industries experience may also be considered).
- Track record of successful sales to senior brand managers in pharmaceutical companies and to tier one advertising agencies.
- Fluency with the world of digital media, advertising and educational activity within big pharma.
- Excellent experience of presenting to and successfully interacting with senior management of prospect organizations.
- Ability to sell at a consultative level, developing deep and sustained client relationships based upon value.
- A passion for digital and innovation.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of professional staff from varied disciplines and backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well in a high-pressure sales environment.
- Demonstrates drive, being a self-starting independent worker.
- Technical proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Bachelor’s Degree desirable.