Digital Production Designer - remote
Job ID 2021-3443
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Associate Digital Production Designer is the most junior member of the Creative team. As such, he/she/they will support the Web Designers and Senior Web Designers by handling basic design and copy edits across Medscape’s portfolio of Web-/email-based products.
Working closely with cross-departmental teams (including Account/Project Management, Content, Copyedit, and Production), the Associate Digital Production Designer will contribute foundational technical support to the development of digital promotional content.
The Associate Digital Production Designer possesses a strong understanding of the fundamentals, tools, and best practices of Web design, as well as excellent organizational and communication skills to ensure the timely and accurate completion of all assigned work.
In addition to task assignments, the Associate Digital Production Designer will have the opportunity to contribute ideas to process improvements and learn from more senior members of the team.
Excellent attention to detail and solid technical skills are essential; the ideal candidate is also comfortable working collaboratively as well as independently, and can meet deadlines in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Support Web Designers and Senior Web Designers with a high volume of design and copy edits
- Update, edit, and maintain graphic files to be uploaded and shared using FTP and/or SharePoint
- Prepare Web-ready graphics for developers that are organized/correctly labeled for build implementation
- Apply industry best practices for email, mobile, and Web to create optimized deliverables
- Manage multiple projects with quick, often same-day turnaround times
- Prioritize workload; proactively flag issues that may jeopardize timing and/or quality
- Learn internal workflow processes and basic product requirements
- Build relationships with internal teams; effectively communicate queries/task info
- Offer solutions to keep assigned tasks on schedule
- BA in Digital Production Design, Web Design, Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience in a creative role/environment
- Strong working knowledge of editing/optimizing hi-res assets using industry design applications like Sketch, XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Comfortable managing workload using tools like Workfront, Trello and Slack
- Strong attention to detail and dedication to proper delivery
- Ability to work closely and communicate clearly with other teams and help problem-solve
- A collaborative player able to work independently and within a team
- An understanding of basic HTML/CSS and using the Chrome Inspect tool preferred
- Experience in the Healthcare or Pharma industries preferred
A portfolio of work will be required.