Associate Director, Audience Data
Job ID 2019-1255
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is searching for an Associate Director, Audience Data. In this role, you will access large datasets, analyze the content and quality of the data and provide detailed, summary and statistical information on said data to the business. This job requires interfacing with both internal and external clients to aid in reporting function of the business with accuracy, timeliness and insightful analysis. You will be working in a team oriented environment supporting Marketing and Sales initiatives. In this role, you will work closely with other departments in data validation, data analysis and list management. You will be charged with understanding the business, its key indicators and data models. You will be responsible to discuss business requirements and execute requirements during the list management process to support business activities as well as to guide data analysts in query writing, target list implementation strategy, and documenting business rules into technical specifications.
- Provide data analysis and facilitate comprehension of data to the Business Intelligence user community
- Ability to write complex SQL statements involving joins, using SQL functions and producing aggregate results
- Ability to perform list matches against database data sets, perform data analysis and reporting against the same.
- Data investigation involving understanding and identifying data anomalies and working with the appropriate departments to resolve issues and present alternative solutions to fulfill business need
- Supporting internal clients during the reporting and list management process
- Interface with Sales and Medscape clients during client report onboarding and initial reporting set up
- Timely execution of adhoc, weekly, and monthly reports
- Use relational database skills, understand data design and data structures and develop the query logic necessary to identify issues in reports
- Gathers and documents user requirements for adhoc projects
- Strong organization, time manage skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks/projects in a dynamic environment
- Identify areas for process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years’ experience in data and/or statistical analysis required
- A minimum of 3 years of relational database experience in, but not limited to MS Access and Oracle, Vertica
- Ability to coordinate the implementation of technology solutions (applications, data warehousing, business intelligence, etc.)
- Ability to navigate in Windows and Unix environments.
- Proficiency in Excel using pivot tables, v-lookup and statistical functions
- Ability to create and maintain quality documentation for technical and non-technical staff
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical, creative and problem-solving skills
- Experience with analysis and reporting of consumer transaction , marketing experience a plus
- Business Intelligence, Analytics, Agency experience a plus