Digital Marketing Analyst
Job ID 2019-1202
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Digital Marketing Analyst is responsible for the production, analysis and communication of standard and ad hoc reporting on key data associated with Medscape’s content program.
This position will work with our marketing and editorial teams to understand their initiatives, identify reporting needs, vet requirements, design and develop reports, analyze output and present finding. In addition, the role will manage and analyze online traffic data, customer segmentations, profiling, maintaining performance tracking, analyze product marketing behavioral data, campaign and channel effectiveness.
· Produce regular reporting on the performance of content series, articles, and member behavior.
· Perform analytics to understand and measure success of programs, including click through analysis, retention, re-engagement and A/B testing.
· Provide historical performance, trending and benchmarking analysis
· Work with social media and marketing teams to promote relevant content
· Produce daily traffic analysis for the Medscape site and identify key influencers
· Use traffic trends to project monthly traffic levels and coordinate with stakeholders in member marketing and editorial on plans
· Analyze campaign performance reports and develop ongoing reporting/presentations outlining program insights and recommendations
· Provide insight on data trends and anomalies, making recommendations where appropriate to improve business performance
· Provide counsel on email and site tagging to facilitate tracking and reporting.
· Ongoing analysis of our customer database providing insights to marketing managers about database growth/changes, website activity patterns, response trends by marketing channel.
· Create monthly target lists and generate monthly email usage reports for 3rd party vendors
· Ad hoc analytics on special initiatives as required.
· 4-year Bachelors degree preferred or will consider related experience.
· Minimum 3-4 years of experience in a data analytics function and content optimization
· Highly analytical with ability to extract and analyze large amounts of data and draw actionable insights and recommendations
· Excellent web analytics skills and the ability to analyze complex sets of data.
· Microsoft Excel (including pivots, formulas, and macros) and PowerPoint efficiently to digest the data and correlate multiple data points.
· Ability to collect data from multiple sources including web, product, and customer databases to create combined views.
· Ability to quickly identify and address operational and process issues
· Ability to understand data relationships, provide insights and deliver results
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge of web development tools a plus
· Omniture and Tableau experience a plus