Job ID 2018-1113
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
The Associate Medical Editor is heavily involved in the day-to-day management of accounts, overseeing jobs from initial manuscripts to final HTML builds, and assisting departmental processes. An Associate Medical Editor will manage all aspects of assigned accounts with minimal daily supervision; demonstrate leadership qualities/experience; be detail-oriented, with thorough knowledge of assigned accounts; apply client style, FDA regulations, and AMA requirements to each piece, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all projects.
- Copyedit and proofread various Web-based promotional materials (banners, rich media, e-mails, web pages, learning modules, etc) targeting physicians and other healthcare professionals to ensure accuracy and consistency of style, copy, graphics, and audio/video best practices
- Strict attention to detail (checking for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and adherence to pharma brand style/editorial guidelines)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines
- Interact effectively across departments to ensure accurate and on-schedule projects
- Working independently and prioritizing workload
- Assist senior staff on accounts as needed
- BA in English, Journalism, Communications, or some Medicine/Health-related field is preferred or equivalent years of related experience
- 1 to 2 years of editorial experience, preferably in a medical communications agency, pharmaceutical company, or pharmaceutical advertising agency, and preferably Web-based
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Electronic editing (Adobe Acrobat & MS Word) skills are preferred
This is NOT a remote position and you will be required to be in office.