Job ID 2022-3844
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Reporting to: Head of Project Delivery
MGP is a specialist healthcare publisher and medical education agency based in Buckinghamshire. Our mission is to improve patients’ lives by promoting best practice in healthcare. We are part of the WebMD Professional Health Network. WebMD's professional portals are highly regarded and very well known; Medscape.com is the largest physician portal in the world.
We are looking for someone with excellent proofreading and editing skills to join our project delivery team.
The quality and accuracy of materials produced by MGP is of the utmost importance. The projects editor will be the in-house editorial lead on a variety of educational resources projects commissioned by pharmaceutical company clients.
The projects editor will have the opportunity to work on a range of multimedia project types, including printed supplements and articles, videos, animations, webinars, and working party meetings of healthcare experts to agree new best practice clinical guidance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- proofreading all types of project at all stages to ensure accuracy of copy
- copy editing, rewriting, and restructuring content as necessary for all types of project
- writing copy: for example, author briefs, content of emails to the MGP audience of healthcare professionals
- liaising with key opinion leaders in the healthcare industry to produce high quality content
- working with freelance medical writers and facilitators
- communicating with pharmaceutical company clients, working closely with MGP’s sales team and project managers
- attending internal and client set-up meetings and teleconferences.
Essential skills and experience:
- Life science degree (or higher), with an understanding of disease area terminology
- Excellent proofreading and subediting skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management, project management, and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign (further training will be provided)
Other useful experience:
- Previous experience of medical communications or publishing
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and the ABPI Code of Practice
- Experience of using online approval systems (e.g. Veeva Vault PromoMats)