Job ID 2019-1623
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Medical Proofreader is a crucial member of the Copyedit Services department; in this capacity, he/she works closely with a number of teams (including Client Services, Project Management, and Production), as well the rest of the Editorial staff, to support the development of digital promotional content intended for physicians/healthcare professionals. The Medical Proofreader is responsible for understanding Medscape’s primary Web- and email-based products from a functional and process standpoint, and for ensuring error-free final deliverables. As the department’s designated quality assurance check, the Medical Proofreader provides detail-oriented, side-by-side and functional reviews of jobs at various stages in the project life cycle, and effectively communicates any errors or deviations to the appropriate team member(s). Exceptional proofreading skills are essential; additionally, the ideal candidate is comfortable working collaboratively as well as independently, juggling multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment, and navigating within the digital space.
- Support the Editorial staff by ensuring that jobs are error-free at various stages in the project life cycle
- Provide detail-oriented, side-by-side and functional reviews of Medscape’s primary Web- and email-based products
- Develop a solid understanding of internal workflow processes and specific product requirements
- Build relationships with internal team members in order to understand their needs and learn how to best address them from an efficiency standpoint
- Effectively communicate with cross-departmental teams to ensure the timely and accurate completion of all assigned work
- Efficiently prioritize daily workload to meet all deadlines; proactively escalate situations that may jeopardize timing and/or quality
- BA/BS or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum 2 years of proofreading experience; familiarity with electronic editing (Adobe Acrobat & MS Word)
- Pharmaceutical/healthcare marketing experience and familiarity with AMA style a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail and outstanding proofreading skills (grammar, spelling, punctuation)
- Keen ability to spot discrepancies between two assets (e.g., script vs. build; build vs. back-up PDF, etc.) and effectively articulate them
- Strong written/verbal communication skills; self-starter capable of working independently and providing solutions to issues that arise in order to support team members and adhere to deadlines
- High level of personal and professional accountability, and the ability to produce quality work under deadline pressure
This is NOT a remote position and you will be required to be in office.