Job ID 2019-1433
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Medical Writer is heavily involved in the day-to-day management of promotional content, from developing initial manuscripts to signing off on final HTML builds. Due to recent tremendous growth, we are looking for an experienced Medical Writer to join our diverse team of content creators at the WebMD Global headquarters in London. For the successful candidate, this position offers great opportunity and exposure to professional promotions on a global scale whilst working in an exciting and highly motivated environment.
- Writing effective branded and unbranded promotional copy for digital campaigns targeting a physician/healthcare professional (HCP) audience worldwide
- Adapting and reviewing copy to suit various content template formats, including but not limited to: websites, onsite alerts, speaker videos, online graphic banner and text ads, and emails (including newsletters, formulary data, and safety alert-type communications)
- Collaborating in creative brainstorms and internal reviews with editors, graphic designers, account and marketing managers, web producers, product managers, and others to accomplish project objectives
- Providing vital support (including some client-facing responsibilities) to a Client Services team that helps brand managers and their medical/legal/regulatory (MLR) teams steer all promotional pieces through review and approval processes
- Collaborating on strategic content- and process-related discussions with other departments, e.g., Editorial, Creative Services, Marketing, as necessary
- BA/BS, preferably in a scientific/medical discipline. Proven ability to write clinically sound, balanced copy with marketing finesse a must, even if you possess an MA/MS
- 3 to 4 years of relevant experience in a high-volume, process-oriented pharmaceutical advertising agency, or other healthcare communications writing role that focuses on online promotional content development
- Demonstrated experience writing and/or editing promotional content for digital campaigns, including but not limited to websites, emails, and banner ads, that promote pharmaceuticals to physicians
- Previous exposure to international, multicultural clients/audiences is preferred
- Ability to comprehend clinical research/information, branded master visual aids, and/or online interactive programs
- Ability to absorb new therapeutic areas quickly
- Demonstrated talent for teambuilding, particularly with Account Managers, Editors, Designers, and Web Developers
- Solid communication, client-facing, project/time management, and computer skills (G Suite, MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, electronic workflow management systems, etc.)
- Some understanding of pharmaceutical company MLR requirements and submission systems desired, but not required
- Knowledge of EMA regulations preferred
- Bilingual English and one other European language (reading and writing in a professional medical communications capacity) is preferred
Writing samples/portfolio (either accessible via online site or hard copy) will be expected
This is NOT a remote position and you will be required to be in office