WebMD Magazine Health Editor
Job ID 2019-1708
WebMD’s Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Health Editor manages the timely, effective, and accurate creation of content across a broad range of topics, including lifestyle and wellness as well as medical conditions.
The applicant should be a sharp, creative, organized, and experienced editor with the ability to prioritize and excel in a deadline-driven environment. The applicant should have strong communications skills and should be able to work independently as well as collaborate as a cross-functional team member.
- Plan, assign, edit, and produce magazine and related print content
- Write headlines, decks, coverlines, and display copy
- Review and edit proofs to ensure content is accurate and ready to go to press
- Assign and edit interactive content including articles, slideshows, quizzes
- Manage editorial workflow from start to finish while meeting tight deadlines
- Ensure content adheres to editorial guidelines, is medically accurate, compelling, timely, and informative for the WebMD audience
- Generate ideas for new ways to cover health conditions, particularly dry or difficult topics
- Interface with medical team and project managers to have content medically reviewed
- Collaborate with other teams such as Design, Production, and Photo
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing or related field or related experience
- 5 years editing for a Health, Wellness, News and/or Lifestyle publication
- Some experience working for a print publication
- Familiarity with Workfront Proof or InDesign
- Strong editorial judgment
- Demonstrated experience editing in a fast-paced environment
- Good organizational ability and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and the capacity to work effectively under pressure
- Experience creating interactive content and working in a CMS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience writing for a wide range of audiences
- Experience working in a project/task management system
- Knowledge of health and wellness topics
- Skilled at brainstorming and collaborating with a creative team
- Possess a positive attitude under pressure and excellent interpersonal team skills