Sr. Project Manager, Team Lead
Job ID 2022-4031
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated leader to join our Project Management team. You will build, mentor, and coach a team of project managers who are responsible for the successful execution of all our client projects. You will look to streamline team operations, encourage effective collaboration, and engage with internal stakeholders. As a critical role in the continued success of our operations, you will help to iterate our culture and build an amazing team environment that will create future leaders. You will lead and oversee a team responsible for delivering projects with the highest level of quality and efficiency in support of client expectations.
This job is for you if are an organized individual with the ability to prioritize and excel in a deadline-driven environment, possess strong organization skills, and clear communication skills, with a focus on efficient project and timeline execution.
What Makes This Job Amazing
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities.
- You’ll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team
- This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, equity, and benefits. We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.
Role Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Management and Oversight
- The Senior Project Manager, Team Lead will oversee and manage 4-6 project management (PM) team members and partner closely with all internal teams including; Account Management (AM); and Resource Management (RM) teams
- Manage project scope and active timelines with an eye on process, efficiency, and on-time revenue, identifying areas for Vertical team improvement as needed
- Actively oversee project resourcing, leveraging reports and dashboards to assess team bandwidth.
- Assist team with new project set up and launch preparations as needed
- Partner with Account Team members to manage complex projects.
- Serve as internal lead for pilot programs and custom client implementations
- Serve as point-of-escalation during out of office coverage within assigned Vertical
Communication & Teamwork
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships that will assist in smooth, on-time project development and execution
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly articulate project needs and expectations to internal stakeholders through written and verbal communications
- Establish and maintain solid working relationship with AM Team Lead partner(s)
- Meet regularly with AM partner(s) on project status, asset receipt, client requests and other items as needed; escalate any issues to Supervisor as needed
- Partner with Compliance Operations on Brand-level requirements and work to establish efficiencies, best practices, improvements for Submissions
- Translate client priorities and expectations clearly across internal development teams
- Escalate potential high risk issues and delays to Supervisor with the ability to problem-solve lower risk issues self-sufficiently
- Demonstrate accountability to the work and team with a collaborative and solution-oriented approach
- Conduct quarterly partnership meetings with AM Vertical lead(s)
- Build camaraderie within the Account Vertical business teams
Process Adherence & Training
- Demonstrate overall mastery of Medscape process compliance and assigned products
- Mastery of high-order reporting and dashboard functions within Workfront
- Assist Supervisor with training and enforcement of project management standards across the team
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and AM Lead to develop a 360 understanding of process/project workflow
- Lead training and support based on Account Vertical business needs (brand, submission processes, etc)
- Assist in the onboarding and training of new hires
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience required
- 3+ years of combined digital, marketing, agency and/or healthcare experience
- 5+ years of project coordination, traffic, or project management experience
- Passion for customer service
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, responsible and results-driven, with solid written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and documentation skills utilizing MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and/or task management systems like Workfront
- Knowledge of internet technologies
- Knowledge of marketing-related creative process (marketing or agency experience preferred) a plus
- Experience with medical/legal review process within pharmaceutical industry a differentiator
- Experience with pharma clients a differentiator
- Experience with MS Project or Workfront a differentiator
- Previous management experience a differentiator