SEO Specialist, Digital Marketing
Job ID 2019-1447
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is seeking a full-time SEO Specialist with comprehensive search engine optimization and digital marketing experience to support traffic acquisition and visitor retention strategies. The candidate will actively participate in the planning and optimization of new and existing content for peak organic rankings and conversions across various WebMD.com site sections and assets.
- Assess editorial optimization opportunities for new and existing content and create project plans for management approval
- Coordinate strategic SEO initiatives for WebMD's projects and initiatives
- Review and approve SEO efficiency of all WebMD original content before launch
- Work with other team members to develop strategic tactics including internal site architecture enhancements, internal link-building campaigns, and indexation and crawling enhancements intended to increase search ranking across multiple sections of content
- Manage communication to stakeholders across the business around SEO traffic and project updates
- Perform keyword research and analyze data to help inform suggestions for new content creation
- Recommend content augmentations aimed at better targeting and work with editorial and medical teams to implement
- Use enterprise SEO tools to make recommendations for content and site-wide improvements
- A minimum of three + years of experience as an SEO employee or three + years of in a digital marketing role inclusive of SEO
- Comprehensive understanding of SEO editorial best practices, SEO strategies, search term research, keyword targeting, and technical obstacles that would hinder search engine bot crawling and indexing
- Highly skilled in developing effective keyword targeting strategy, prioritizing SEO initiatives, and executing on planned SEO tactics: Candidate must be able to provide work samples or case studies of successful execution of SEO tactics or other digital marketing initiatives that have led to increases in website traffic
- Have proven communication and writing excellence, exceptional attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities in our dynamic, high-growth and deadline-driven environment
- Be able to work independently as well as collaborate as a cross-functional team member.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and advanced in Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of Google's Search Console and other tools
- Experience with Omniture/Site Catalyst web metrics a big plus
- Knowledge of medical-information related SEO campaigns preferred
- Involvement optimizing large websites with content management publishing systems preferred
- Hands-on experience with third-party enterprise SEO tools preferred
- A. in associated fields including Marketing, Communications, Computer Science, or similar. preferred