Job ID 2019-1661
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
/alert®, a division of WebMD, is a premier full-service healthcare communications company providing information and education to healthcare professionals. Our programs include cooperative mail, custom mail, e-mail, education, distribution, and editorial and research programs.
Our full-service capabilities in healthcare information and communications can help our customers deliver a consistent message to a wide healthcare professional audience using the latest technologies including mobile technology.
/alert marketing is now offering a suite of digital engagement solutions to health care brands. These programs involve the production of microsites and video channels on the web that educate healthcare professionals on different disease topics.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This position supports the Alert editorial team who create all of the content displayed on /alert’s platforms. The Managing Editor is responsible for editorial management and oversite of the day-to-day operations for the newly launching MD Alert Video Channels platform. This position also supervises production staff, including editorial and production team members, both employees and outside vendors.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the /alert Channels platform
- Research topics for video programs
- Coordinate with KOLS, studio staff, freelance editors, etc.
- Conduct on-set interviews of KOLs
- Act as director/producer on location to supervise the content capture
- Write scripts from interview transcripts used for the post-production and other editorial content that will appear on the platform
- Supervise the post-production process from rough cut to approved video
- Write episode and series descriptions.
- Develop new series, partnerships, and streams of video content
- Manage staff, including Associate Producer and additional freelance staff
- Hire, train and develop staff members
- Provide coaching, feedback and mentoring to staff
- Proactively address employee performance issues and complete performance reviews
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or a similar field or equivalent editing related experience
- 5+ years editing experience with a medical publication; digital experience preferred
- 2+ years’ experience working with a publisher or clinical background
- Some experience with video scriptwriting, directing, and post-production
- Superior grasp of AMA style, ability to integrate with Medscape style
- Familiarity with Web publishing and basic website analytics