Managing Editor, MD Alert
Job ID 2019-1661
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
/alert, an independent subsidiary of Medscape, is developing a new video-based portal focused on delivering health care professionals the latest information on cancer treatment as well as other disease categories. /alert is partnering with several leading medical academic centers and research institutions to develop this content and access their key opinion leader physicians.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
- Representing /alert in all planning meetings with research institutions
- Coordinating as a liaison between /alert and research institutions to secure all components of the video shoots
- Researching topics for video programs and securing KOLs
- Conducting on-set interviews of KOLs
- Acting as director/producer on location to supervise the content capture
- Overseeing scripts and storyboards used in pre, during, and post-production
- Supervising the post-production process from rough cut to approved video
- Writing episode and series descriptions that appear on landing pages
- Collaborating to help develop the look and feel of the digital portal
- Managing an Associate Producer
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or a similar field preferred or equivalent years of editing related experience
- 5+ years editing experience with a medical publication (Print or digital - Digital preferred)
- Experience with oncology topics (Clinical, Publisher-based, Agency-based, or other)
- Experience with on-set direction and pre, post-production workflows
- Familiarity with Web publishing and basic website analytics.