Group Account Lead
Job ID 2018-1021
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The position involves building and managing client relationships, overseeing a team of Account Managers and supervising work output across the organisation to enable successful execution and client satisfaction.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to establish effective relationships by partnering with clients to understand their business strategies and objectives, as you will be a key point of contact across their marketing campaigns. You will also be a clear communicator who will be able to translate the clients’ needs across the internal teams in order to achieve project success and client satisfaction.
The role will directly support our Global operations, and the candidate will be expected to manage a team of Account Managers who are developing and running global campaigns across many markets and multiple time-zones. The applicant should be a highly organised individual with strong account leadership and customer relationship management expertise, detailed and clear communication skills, and a proven ability to prioritize and excel in a deadline-driven environment.
The applicant should also have excellent problem-solving skills and be adept at coaching junior team members through resolving issues.
- Ensure excellent day-to-day running of accounts and management of client relationships
- Supervision of overall project execution internally and externally including process oversight, quality checks, internal reviews, supporting client reviews and meetings
- Senior level support for engagement with different client teams and stakeholders
- Presales support including timing and deliverable reviews prior to contracting
- Management and mentoring responsibilities, including coaching junior team members to support with their professional and personal development.
- First point of escalation for Account Managers and internal teams for ongoing workflow questions, or issues.
- Work in collaboration with production services on process and organisational efficiencies
- Bachelors degree or equivalent years of client services experience
- 7 years of experience which can be a combination of account management and project management.
- 3 years combined digital, agency and/or healthcare experience
- Pharmaceutical industry and healthcare knowledge required
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership capacity, managing and coaching team members.
- Passion for customer service and for ensuring that our physicians and clients have the best experience possible
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to be responsible, accountable and results-driven
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation and documentation skills
- Knowledge of marketing related creative process (marketing or agency experience preferred, especially within the pharmaceutical industry) a plus