Senior Research Analyst, Medical Content
Job ID 2020-2117
Krames, a division of WebMD, provides patient education and marketing solutions for more than 1,500 health systems and hospitals, and eight of the 10 largest health payers in the United States.
Krames has been a trusted source for engaging, medically-reviewed patient education and outreach tools across the health care ecosystem for more than 40 years. Our technology-enabled solutions including Krames On FHIR®, Krames On-Demand®, the StayWell Consumer Health Library, and high-touch custom marketing solutions reach more than 11 million patients each year.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Krames Research Analyst develops, executes, and manages research and evaluation activities that support the quality, accuracy, and strategic objectives of Krames patient education content.
- Develop, execute, and manage day-to-day content and product research and evaluation activities. Support patient education content development and maintenance efforts as needed.
- Monitor, document, and provide new health and medical information from educational, government, and association/organization sources; regulatory agencies; and study findings, with a focus on evidence-based medicine (EBM) and evidence-based practice.
- Initiate new content and product research and compile citations for material provided.
- Recommend and search appropriate databases, textbooks, and other EBM sources and select best available evidence in development of new clinical topics and revisions of existing topics.
- Monitor, document, and provide updates on health guideline changes that may affect content accuracy and effectiveness.
- Monitor, document, and provide updates on developments in health care policy, quality metrics, etc., to help inform new content and product development.
- Conceptualize and plan research projects and evaluation activities, studies, and surveys, including usability and end-user testing.
- Oversee preparation of study reports, internal white papers, case studies, literature reviews, and published manuscripts as needed.
- Use the time reporting system; sign and report all exception time on a weekly basis.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate degree in research, library science, or health informatics area and at least ten (10) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a health-related field.
- Experience should include sourcing and interpreting medical literature.
- Experience or background in health-related field or social science with coursework in research methodology and statistics desired.
- Experience or background in database management helpful.