Video Production Coordinator
Job ID 2019-1336
"Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status."
Video Production Coordinator Job Description
The video production coordinator is responsible for managing Medscape video recordings, overseeing requests. The video production coordinator will maintain the flow of information and channels of communication between the video producers, video editors, and the internal Medscape clients .
We are looking for someone who has an interest in video production and post production.
The Video Production Coordinator must possess exceptional customer service and multi-task skills to manage the intake of shoot requests. He/She will assist the Director of Video Production in all aspects of pre-production as needed. This involves coordination and tracking of tasks, resources and budgeting.
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills to handle internal Medscape clients and communicate with the Video team and to serve as a liaison between the video producers and the post prod team.
- Assign producers to shoots using internal system (Workfront, Google Calendars)
- Where relevant to liaise with other members of Medscape Operations in order to resolve any queries or conflicts in order to achieve a balance between production requirements and service excellence.
- Work with our shipping partners to coordinate the shipping of equipment
- Update budget information for each recording
- Work with the event planning team on large conferences to create conference master schedules
- Schedule and run status calls with internal teams for large conferences ensuring that the info on the master schedule and in our internal systems (WF) are all correct and complete.
- Become the main contact for scheduling questions, capabilities, etc… for ‘our’ studios in NYC and eventually Chicago, Durham.
- Look for efficiencies/inefficiencies in scheduling in our studios and remote recordings.
- Work with the PM tam to develop new and improved lines of communication and/or tools for ease of efficient scheduling.
- Eventually become an expert on all Medscape products and specs.
- Opportunities to travel in the role at our larger medical conferences.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years managing and/or coordinating video production programs.
- Proven track record of problem solving skills.
- Excellent time-management skills, organization and project management skills.
- Ability to quickly identify issues and address them accordingly and quickly.
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work.
- Must be able to manage high volume of requests.
- Commitment to service excellence.
- Experience with a program/project management system (such at Workfront, Jira, or similar).
- Strong communication skills, Team work, Negotiation and conflict management, Adaptability
- Familiar with google suite (sheets, drive, gmail, calendar) plus office suite ( excel, word).
- Eventually will need to become an expert in Workfront including reporting.
- Working in or around commuting distance to NYC is an advantage as it is the location of our in-house studio.