WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, health care professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org, and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools, and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Senior Health Editor is responsible for developing and executing content strategy across all platforms. They initiate and manage the timely, effective, and accurate creation of a broad range of new content across 40+ channels each month to meet user engagement and site traffic goals. This includes new articles, slideshows, quizzes, polls, and other tools on lifestyle and wellness topics as well as medical conditions.
The Senior Health Editor manages editorial projects from concept to delivery. They ensure that the content meets all standards for quality and is delivered within agreed-upon timelines.
- Work with other teams to identify and develop content plans
- Manage projects to meet business and editorial goals
- Research and pitch ideas for content creation. Monitor trends and look at competitors to ensure all content pitches and completed content is competitive and thoroughly covered.
- Make daily content assignments to freelance writers (and freelance editors as needed) and manage editorial workflow from start to finish
- Review and edit content for articles each day (slideshows,quizzes, polls as needed), ensuring content is compelling and informative for the WebMD audience
- Interface with physicians and project managers to ensure medical accuracy
- Collaborate with physicians, designers, photo editors, freelance writers/editors, and programmers as needed
- Find and train, and coach freelance writers and editors
- Create training documents for freelancers
- Build quizzes,slideshows, and embed modules as needed
- May manage contractors for strategic initiatives
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 8-plus years’ professional experience writing or editing online content for a consumer audience.
- Experience in writing or editing targeting consumer audience, lifestyle and/or Medical content preferred
- Ability to unflappably deliver highest quality work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, multitasking environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Possess a positive attitude under pressure and excellent interpersonal team skills
- Strong, proven editing ability, involving writing, line editing, substantive editing, copyediting, tone, and headline creation for multiscreen platforms
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as a cross-functional team member
- Knowledge of health and wellness
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
- Content management system
- Content administration tools (SharePoint)
- Project/task management system