Job ID 2020-2029
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
High-Level Job Description
The Executive Editor will oversee Editorial Directors in the production of Medscape Patient Simulations and other editorial product lines on medical topics as needed for both US and OUS physician audiences, with attention to prioritization, resourcing, and editorial process improvement.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Oversee research and detailed planning for upcoming editorial simulations
- Oversee Editorial Directors in the production of simulations to ensure alignment with current guidelines and research
- Ensure appropriate prioritization to meet business needs
- Coordinate with other groups appropriately to ensure efficient development
- Assess and implement improvements to editorial process and quality
- Ensure editorial quality, accuracy, and consistency across all US and OUS simulations
- Ensure timely delivery within stated deadlines
Appropriate Work Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in digital medical publishing aimed at physician audiences across a number of medical specialties with overall relevant experience of at least 7 years
- Experience supervising editorial teams
- Experience with interactive content preferred
- Highly detail oriented, organized, and self-starter
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
BA or equivalent relevant experience required