Job ID 2019-1468
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Data Analyst, Education
The Data Analyst position reports to the Sr. Director of Analytics in the Data Analytics team of Medscape Education.
The Data Analyst’s primary role is to provide data and analysis support for tracking and reporting within Medscape Education. This position will be required to understand the business, key metrics and data models, and be responsible for understanding data requests from the business and vetting those requirements; identifying tracking needs; work with Product Management, Audience Engagement, and Data Services teams to design and develop reporting dashboards based on business requirements; and be the user liaison of the company’s self-service dashboard, which will include providing user access, facilitating problem resolution, setting up reporting configuration and be the communicator around new business requirements. The role will work in a team-oriented and dynamic environment and will require working closely with other teams in order to provide the organization with results-oriented data and performance metrics for supported programs as well as product enhancements. Various software packages and tools, such as database query tools, Python scripts and Tableau, amongst others, will be utilized in order to collect, mine, and report on this data.
Ideal candidate should have strong technical database, SQL and scripting skills, as well as data management, analytical, organization, communication, and problem solving skills in order to appropriately develop reports and tools using large data sets and interfaces. Having these skills is essential to providing both internal and external clients with a comprehensive analysis around programs and products, while simultaneously sharing business insights to support sales and revenue goals. He/she must have a proven ability to meet deadlines, while being proactive and detail-oriented.
- Manage traffic flow of information requests from the business by interfacing with internal and external clients to gather requirements, providing recommendations on data and automating reporting.
- Create insightful, easy to understand reports and dashboards that meet business needs.
- Provide ad-hoc analyses using various skills and tools such as the database query tool or online dashboard to extract and aggregate data.
- Investigate significant changes in traffic and identify the cause of the changes through investigation using SQL or excel.
- Partner with Data Services team to improve data tracking needs on new products to ensure what is being implemented on site meets reporting requirements according to Product specifications.
- Create and maintain team process and reporting documentation as well as user guides.
- Delivery of trends or user behavior analyses for the Education domain, including site trends, Product-specific analyses, membership behavior, as well as specified campaigns of interest or pilot programs.
- Deliver timely and accurate reports.
- Provide recommendations for report automation and business process improvements.
- Provide additional insights and customized metrics reports on activity performance and impact in order to support sales in generating renewals for the Medscape Education business.
- Create, maintain, and enhance reporting template(s) and customize as needed using reporting tools, such as Tableau.
- Analyze data and create reports in a presentable format; assist in monthly supporter reporting cycles as needed.
- Manage JIRA ticketing system to support data analytics requests across all of Medscape Education.
- Ability to multi-task and understand priorities of requests and projects in a dynamic environment.
- Ensure messaging and branding is consistent across the overall business unit and its products.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; BA/BS in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or Information Systems is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in data and/or statistical analysis is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of relationship database experience in, but not limited to SQL Server, Oracle, Vertica (or any Big Data environment), is required.
- A minimum of 1 year professional experience in Tableau Desktop and Server is required.
- Strong SQL skills is required as candidate must be able to write SQL queries from scratch.
- Strong Excel skills is required. Must be proficient with advanced analytic functions such as vlookup, named ranges, pivot tables, formulas, etc.
- Python scripting experience is required. Must be proficient in applying different libraries and creating logic for automation.
- Strong analytical, creative and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organization, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of web analytics and experience with web analytics tools, such as Omniture and Google Analytics, is highly preferred.
- Experience in supporting Marketing and Sales teams, and communicating data-driven analyses to various departments is highly preferred
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau (preferred), Power BI, OBIEE, SAS, Microstrategy, Cognos, SAP, Looker, Domo etc.
- Knowledge of web architecture is a plus