Live Events Technology Lead
Job ID 2019-1645
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
As our Live Events Technology Lead, you’ll be working to provide technical direction for the implementation of our integrated Live Events platform. We are looking for an innovative and entrepreneurial technical lead who’s willing to roll up his or her sleeves and own the architecture and integration details of the various platforms involved in event management. Our ideal candidate should be structured, detail-oriented, analytical, driven to get work done. This position requires you to maintain multiple tracks of work and communicate solutions to other members of the team both verbally and in written documentation.
- Work with business stakeholders to establish scope of work and technical requirements to support all operational aspects of live events.
- Provide detailed architecture diagrams detailing how various platforms and applications would be seamlessly integrated to meet business requirements.
- Provide implementation level of effort estimates, propose sound alternatives, and make build vs buy recommendations to management.
- Lead development team to develop and/or integrate with various platforms to deliver scalable and reliable solutions.
- Implement testing strategies (process, unit, stress, etc.) to validate adherence to specifications and ensure quality and functionality.
- Run point for all technology and integration efforts related to the Live Events business unit.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
- 5+ years experience in software engineering including analysis, architecture, design & development of complex applications involving multiple platforms and web applications.
- Expertise in SOAP & Rest API to interact with other upstream/downstream systems.
- Strong expertise in a web development stack such as LAMP and MVC frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and RDBMS concepts.
- Strong understanding of single sign-on technologies.
- Experience with video streaming technologies.
- Proven experience with project estimating, scope definition, resource allocation, and meeting project timelines.
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to coordinate work across different functional teams.
- Experience working with agile processes.
- Experience with event management systems.
- Knowledge of ESP platforms.
- Experience with mobile app development