Offshore Software Engineer Team Lead
Job ID 2019-1236
WebMD’s Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. "
WebMD Health Services is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to lead the work of small groups of four to eight offshore engineers, for assigned engineering projects. We follow Agile processes to produce quality code in a highly collaborative cross-functional team environment. Teamwork and communication are essential parts of our job every day. As a member of the Product Development group you will work side-by-side with testers, data architects, UI designers, product owners and other developers to deliver highly-usable, software solutions with the scalability to serve our private-portal business.
In this role you will:
· Provide senior level technical leadership and guidance to off-shore software developers while performing quality code reviews that maintain secure coding policies.
· Drive escalations to resolve blocked issues, collaborating and working to solve architectural questions and problems that arise from technical stories.
· Write technical enabler stories for assigned epics and maintain extensive documentation based on key design and architectural level decisions.
· Participate in user story grooming, definition of acceptance criteria, estimating, iteration planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives.
· Promote engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
· Provide engineering designs for new software solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
· Demonstrate shippable quality code to achieve story acceptance
· BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ years of experience developing full stack web applications in C#/.NET
· 1+ year working with offshore development teams / leadership role preferred.
· Proven experience in demonstrating architecture skills at a multi-system level.
· Proven experience writing scalable, high-performant, instrumented and clean code.
· Experience driving technical excellence and engineering practices across teams.
· Experience working in an Agile development environment.
· Experience with Angular, React, or other HTML frameworks.
· Knowledge of web site accessibility standards such as WCAG 2.1 AA
· Proven experience building solutions based upon SaaS using RESTful APIs.
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential information that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.