Sr Video Editor
Job ID 2020-2219
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Medscape is searching for a Senior Video Editor / GFX Artist who is able to edit in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a combination of video editing skills and the ability to create sleek graphics and animations. The Video Editor will work closely with the in-house production team, organizing footage, and turning around a finished product via Adobe Premiere and other Creative Cloud software. This includes producing graphics with Adobe After Effects and being able to piece them together with interview, b-roll footage, and color correction.
The Senior Video Editor will own and manage staff and all required tasks assigned for each project. The turnaround times for video projects are very quick and the Editor may be asked to work on multiple programs each day.
The candidate must be able to juggle multiple responsibilities under tight deadlines and possess the ability to work independently and part of a team. Sharp attention to details are a must. The Video Editor will be required to interact with Editorial, Program Managers, Promo, and other internal teams as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or similar years of video editing or relatable experience
- 8+ years of video editing experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe PhotoShop)
- Exposure with Unity platform
- Media management oversight
- Knowledge of video codecs and encoding software (Adobe Media Encoder and Sorenson)
- Technical literacy with video and audio file formats
- Strong attention to details and time managements skills
- Knowledge of working with 4K footage and proxies
- Strong communication skills and proven management experience
- Willingness to work independently and be receptive to direction
- Ability to interface with senior management and leading faculty
- Some travel required
- Creative problem solving and knowledge of b-roll database are strongly desired
- GFX and Color Correction abilities are strongly desired
- Licensing b-roll and stock music is a plus
- 3D animation software other than AE is a plus
- Manage a project with little direction
- Develop templates and standards
- Zoom recording experience