Medical Writer / Editor
Job ID 2021-2812
Frontline Medical Communications, Inc., a division of Medscape, is one of the healthcare industry's largest medical communications companies and a leader in digital, print, and live events. The Company leads in HCP-level targeting and is ranked 1st in combined web and print engagements. With MDedge?, our state-of-the-art integrated web portal, and audited email database, FMC meets the marketing challenges of our clients with superior reach, optimal sponsorship opportunities, and flexible advertising programs. FMC delivers award-winning, indexed, clinical reviews; practice and policy information; and medical news daily from on-site reporting at major medical meetings, many in collaboration with notable societies, medical associations, and opinion leaders. FMC produces live events, digital click-for-credit, and CME in affiliation with Global Academy for Medical Education, LLC and Hemedicus. WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The main function of this position is to write high quality medical quizzes and brief literature summaries for a variety of specialties.
The Medical Writer/Editor position reports to the Gamification Department Manager.
Responsibilities of the Position:
Main responsibilities for the Medical Writer/Editor position include:
- Conceiving, researching, writing, and editing high-level medical quizzes for an audience of health care professionals
- Researching and writing brief literature summaries of key takeaways from newly published journal research
- Identifying appropriate sources of information and the most important medical takeaways from the research
- Must be comfortable writing about a range of medical specialties, including but not limited to oncology, psychiatry, primary care, rheumatology, hematology, and more
- Work with internal teams to produce content and meet editorial and sales goals
Requirements for this position include at least 2+ years of medical writing or editing experience for a physician media company, medical communications agency, pharmaceutical company, or other related business, and a complete understanding of AMA style. A minimum of a 4-year college degree is required.