Associate Data Reporting Analyst
Job ID 2018-1042
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
As a member of the BI team, the Cognos Report Developer will be responsible for the development and support of enterprise-level dashboards, reports and other analytic tools. Working with Finance team, you will participate in gathering and documentation of the report requirements to meet business needs. Using your skills, you will then
translate those requirements into specifications to design, develop, and test reports/dashboards that utilize the underlying data sources:
- develop new reports/dashboards in Report Studio
- troubleshoot and enhance existing reports/dashboards
- write SQL queries as needed for reporting and troubleshooting
- take requirements from business users
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or Information Technology preferred or equivalent years of related experience
- Minimum 2 years of report writing and development experience using tools such as Cognos (highly preferred), Qlik, Tableau, Looker, SSRS, Power BI, MicroStrategy, etc.
- Data modeling and warehousing skills are highly desired
- Proven ability to work effectively in fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Basic understanding of financial accounting principles