Sr Account Manager
Job ID 2021-2895
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Global Account Manager/Senior Account Manager
Medscape is looking for a Senior Account Manager to join our growing Global business. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the delivery strategy, production, and execution of promotional campaigns, achieved through strong partnership with our clients and the extended Medscape internal teams.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to build and establish effective relationships by partnering with clients to understand their business strategies and objectives, as you will be the main point of contact across their marketing campaigns. You will also be a clear communicator who will be able to translate the clients’ needs across the internal teams in order to achieve project success and client satisfaction.
The role will directly support our Global operations, and the candidate will be expected to develop and run campaigns across many markets and multiple timezones. The applicant should be a highly organized individual with strong account leadership and customer relationship management expertise, detailed and clear communication skills, and a proven ability to prioritize and excel in a deadline-driven environment, with a particular focus on efficient project and timeline execution.
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships that will assist in smooth and on-time project development and execution, benefiting future business
- Management of delivery strategy for client programmes, providing guidance to clients on optimal ways of working
- Project management – to organize and manage a portfolio of projects including the scope, deliverables and revenue management, along with any assumptions and dependencies
- Proactive change management and expectation setting amongst all stakeholders
- Communicating client needs and expectations clearly across development and production teams
- Managing overall project implementation across externally and internally, including timeline management using an electronic task management system
- Executing campaign deliverables according to processes and procedures
- Meeting consistently with internal and external teams to manage timelines, assets, progress and client deliverables
- Working with other departments to streamline processes to allow for efficient timelines
- Mentoring of junior team members
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with a combination of digital, agency and pharmaceutical industry experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience of account management
- Knowledge of marketing-related creative process
- Experience with medical/legal review process within the pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of ABPI and other country-level pharmaceutical guidelines/review requirements would be a benefit
- Passion for customer service and for ensuring that our physicians and clients have the best experience possible
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, responsible and results driven
- Excellent organization and documentation skills
- Excellent presentation and strong communication skills. Demonstrated experience of successful stakeholder management
- Must have experience in delivering online campaigns, e.g. banner ads, emails, microsites, landing pages, websites, online content production
- Experience of mentoring/delegating to junior team members
- Experience with global campaigns highly preferred
- Experience with content/task management systems helpful, in particular Workfront
- Spanish/Portugese language skills would be a benefit
- Ability to quickly forge and maintain relationships
- Results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on quality of deliverables
- A proactive project planner who continually strives for improved efficiency
- Diplomatic, credible and comfortable in dealing with senior executives
- Effective negotiator, able to influence stakeholders to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes