Job ID 2019-1537
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Duties: Analyze requirements, and design, develop, and maintain highly available .Net applications optimized to run against EMC's Documentum content management system. Ensure efficiency, scalability, and extensibility utilizing .NET technologies, object oriented principles, search engines, rich client Internet applications, design patterns, service oriented architecture and application deployment tools. Perform database programming of SQL Server database. Utilize Visual Studio for .NET programming, and GIT source control and JIRA for defect management system. Operate across multiple environments and platforms, utilizing database concepts, object-oriented programming and design, data structures. and modeling techniques. Utilize MSUnit for unit testing and WebDriver.IO for integration testing. Utilize Jenkins for application packaging and uDeploy for application deployment. Communicate development status and risks with technical management and other departments, and work effectively with internal and external partners.
Requirements: Employer will accept Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related technical field and three years of work experience in job offered or three years of work experience in a related occupation. Position requires:
1) Software development experience in .Net (3 years);
2) Object-oriented development, RDBMS concepts, data structures and algorithms;
3) Software development, debugging and deployment tools;
4) MS SQL Server or Oracle;
5) Layered architecture;
6) Design patterns, including Singleton, Factory, and Strategy;
7) Creating technical models and documentation;
8) Working with at least one of the following Search Engines: Endecca, Solr, Lucene;
9) Experience in Agile methodologies;
10) Analyzing business requirements and proposing technical solutions;
11) XML/XSLT; and,
12) High-availability systems ensuring there is no single point of failure.