Intern - Editorial Content
Job ID 2021-2882
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Intern – Editorial Content
Summer Internship – 5/24 – 8/13
Local applicants only, no housing assistance offered.
About the Department:
WebMD's Editorial Content team creates the site’s most popular and enduring content, reaching millions of users each day. In addition to medical reference and slideshows, the team develops features, immersive stories, blogs, and WebMD's podcast, “Health Now.”
The Editorial Content Intern is an organized self-starter who assists the content team in researching, writing, and editing content. The intern also helps the team ensure the quality of our content, pitches ideas for new pieces, works within the content management system, and helps gather and organize data for monthly content reporting.
Specific tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Editing, research, reporting, and writing as needed across content types including articles, slideshows, features, quizzes, podcast, and long-form pieces
- Participation in interdepartmental team meetings to pitch and brainstorm ideas
- Shadowing editors to learn our full content process from idea to production
- Assisting editors in end-to-end content creation and content enhancement. This may include drafting assignment letters, completing first edits on content, making improvements to existing content, and updating and maintaining documents that track content production.
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Enrolled in Undergrad or Graduate program and returning for the Fall 2021 semester.
- Strong writing samples
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong research skills
- Knowledge of SEO (search engine optimization) and metadata
- Experience with Google Suite
- Knowledge of health and wellness
- Experience with digital writing
- Experience with Content Management a plus.
- Detail oriented
Please submit writing samples or bylined pieces with application.