Director Global Marketing Strategy
Job ID 2021-3183
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Medscape Education Global, a division of WebMD, is seeking an Director, Global Marketing Strategy. This position will collaborate closely with the sales, product, and pricing teams to understand key markets for the business and use data to develop and adjust guarantee models, define the KPIs for initiatives, and open doors for and optimize marketing channels. This position will oversee and lead marketing sciences which implements the agreed upon products and guarantees. More specifically:
- Lead a team with direct reports to develop, implement, and monitor marketing campaigns to meet program-specific guarantees
- Oversee marketing sciences which is tasked with implementing marketing campaigns; this includes the deployment of email and direct response tactics (ie. onsite banners, paid search, paid social) and optimizing marketing channels for products
- Develop a strong understanding of the membership data for the key countries and regions in order to make recommendations to sales and product on what is achievable for product and guarantee specifications
- Track and disseminate key performance Indicators monthly to inform and support business decisions (ie. such as traffic and membership goals)
- Work closely with data analytics to build guarantee modelling tools and that aid in data-driven decision-making for the organization
- Track product and guarantee performance to further refine specifications with product and sales.
- Stay abreast of current trends in the organization and in the market to open the doors for new marketing channels
- Collaborate with internal teams and senior leadership to share marketing/audience data, as well as provide insight into new market trends and methods that may improve marketing strategies
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing or related field with 10+ years OR Masters degree in Marketing or related field with 8+ years proven experience with multi-channel marketing in healthcare or life sciences with experience in direct-to-physician marketing
- Experience collaborating with product teams and sales to make recommendations about products using data
- Proven success in working with cross-functional teams to develop product specifications related to digital marketing campaigns
- Demonstrable experience utilizing data from marketing databases, email, mobile apps, social media and/or digital marketing campaigns to inform recommendations
- Ability to write and communicate business and technical requirements for digital initiatives
- Highly creative with experience in identifying and optimizing target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Knowledgeable about A/B and multivariate testing
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement (ex: Omniture; Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, or the like)
- Highly motivated & self-starter who bleeds initiative & can easily prioritize short & long-term projects; ability to establish new processes & workflow optimizations.
- Strong organizational, operational, analytical, and project management skills
- Exceptional communication & presentation skills (oral, written & visual) and the ability to work across multiple business units and with various stakeholders (sales, product, senior leadership)