Print Production Coordinator
Job ID 2019-1751
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
JHI is comprised of three separate functional business groups organized to independently deliver comprehensive medical information and communications to the healthcare community: Marketing Services, Information Services and Education Services. Each group has a portfolio of trusted, well-recognized brands that are entrenched leaders in their respective industry specialties.
The Print Production Coordinator is responsible for the day to day smooth operation of the Creative Services department. The Coordinator will, at all times, know where each job stands and will be sure all projects are created following the provided guidelines.
- Estimate and manage the production costs for all print jobs. Print pricing negotiations (multiple bidding). Oversee vendor relations and negotiations including print buying and cost control
- Manage workflow of design projects through the Creative Services department.
- Work closely with internal creative team to meet client expectations
- Assign design projects, review designs and forward to clients for approval
- Ensure quality print standards including on-site press checks
- Knowledgeable of paper, inks, binding methods etc.
- Preparation of detailed estimates and provided clear production samples to design and account managers
- Track and keep informed costs per project
- Update weekly job spreadsheet for department meeting
- Support department in sourcing new outside production vendors with the goal of achieving high quality work with the most competitive pricing
- Coordinate print projects- from conception to delivery
- Outside client liaison
- Attend client meetings as needed
- Create and maintain print production schedules. Ensure all jobs are completed within the original deadline
- Sales support for custom publishing sales team
- Process invoices and maintain records, files and budgets
- Responsible for some catalog layout and other collateral design material
- Other duties as assigned
- 4+ years’ experience in print production environment
- 4-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Some design experience required
- Candidate must be excellent at multitasking and prioritizing and have a strong sense of urgency
- Self-motivated with very strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- The applicant must be reliable, detail oriented and a team player
- Good negotiating skills
- Must be able to troubleshoot problems with client, vendors and implement solutions through established processes
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly – be flexible
- Ideal candidate will have good knowledge of web, offset, sheet-fed and digital printing methods and have previous print buying experience
- Proficiency in Mac and PC based InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator. Excellent Excel, Word and Power Point knowledge
- Some HTML helpful
No travel required