Intern - Editorial Content Creation
Job ID 2020-1938
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Intern - Editorial Content Development
Summer Internship 6/1-8/7
The Editorial Intern is an organized self-starter who assists the Content Team in researching, brainstorming, creating, and editing content. The intern also helps the Team ensure the quality of our content, pitches ideas for new pieces, works within the content management system, and helps gather and organize data for monthly content reporting.
Specific tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Research, reporting, writing, and editing as needed across content types including slideshows, video scripts, articles, features, quizzes, podcast, and long-form pieces
- Participation in interdepartmental team meetings to pitch and brainstorm ideas
- Shadowing editors to learn our full content process from idea to production
- Assisting editors in end-to-end content creation, including drafting assignment letters, completing first edits on content, and updating and maintaining documents that track content production.
Required (must be signified on resume):
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Enrolled in Undergrad or Graduate program and returning for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Classwork/experience in writing
- Strong writing samples
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of health and wellness
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and Content Management Systems (Documentum, WordPress, etc.) a plus.
- Detail oriented
Please submit writing samples or bylined pieces along with application.
Will only consider candidates with an address on their resume that is within reasonable commuting distance to our office. Relocation/housing assistance is not available for this position.