Sr. Product Manager - Monetization
Job ID 2021-2649
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to join the team and support the management and development of advertising products for its portfolio of websites as well as management of its advertising delivery infrastructure.
The Senior Product Manager is expected to perform all product management duties including product portfolio management, ideation with stakeholders and teams, users, markets and analytic inputs, requirements gathering, scrum team participation, documentation and prototype preparation and post-launch product evaluation and maintenance. Stakeholders and teams include editorial, audience engagement, publishing, UX/design, product marketing, engineering, QA, business intelligence and marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years of work experience in a Product Management function gathering and documenting product requirements for development teams including business rationale, user needs and functional specifications
- 1 year of experience working with Ad technologies and or supporting pre/post sales ads and/or ad development
- Technical understanding of ad server targeting and delivery
- Experience in modern software development methodologies (eg. Scrum/Agile, Lean, Kanban)
- Possess excellent organizational skills, and be a very strong and confident communicator, able to translate easily between business, editorial, sales, and engineering teams;
- Ability to visualize user experience and wireframe user interfaces for review with business owners
- Ability to ideate quick and efficient solutions to novel, client-driven business objectives
- Deep knowledge of web and mobile product best practices
- Demonstrate strong problem solving, analytic, and decision-making skills, and the ability to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective action plans to resolve issues
- Prioritize time effectively and manage multiple products simultaneously
- Understanding of ad server technology and the unique challenges associated with ad delivery (latency, viewability, etc.)
- Experience managing and integrating 3rd party software in support of ad delivery
- Ability to aggregate data from multiple sources to draw informed conclusions
- A solid understanding of the programmatic landscape
- Hands on experience working with Google Ad Manager
- Experience working across a large organization with multiple sites and stakeholders
- Experience with Google’s Core Web Vitals tools and page experience initiative