Sr. UI/UX Designer
Job ID 2021-3189
Krames, a WebMD Company, helps you support those you care for from discovery to recovery. As prospective patients start their health care search, we're there with customized marketing and ongoing personalized health education. Our content's depth and thoughtfulness drive deeper patient engagement for health improvement. And intelligent solutions like Krames On FHIR® integrated seamlessly into the EHR deliver the right resources at the right time, freeing up clinicians to focus on what they do best—care for patients
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD is looking for a Sr UX Designer to join its Provider Services business unit. This is an exciting position providing UX leadership on a set of critical innovation initiatives spanning multiple segments of a strategically important growth driver. At its core, this role will help create new platforms for helping people with healthcare needs find the right clinical care providers. We strive to create an environment where dissenting opinions are encouraged, and teams align around common goals to collaboratively deliver big, ambitious projects.
More than just a job, this position will provide an immersive education. You will be an integral part of a dynamic, growing business achieving new, big things in the healthcare industry. Not every day will be easy, but the things you achieve will be incredibly rewarding.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences adhering to latest WCAG guidelines.
- Facilitate product vision by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Deliver design implementation requirements to developers using tools like Invision, Zeplin, etc.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
Education and/or Experience
Four (4) or more years’ experience in graphic design, application interface design, and user experience is required. Formal design training - whether accredited degree, bootcamp, or other structure education - is preferred.
- Four or more years of UX design experience.
- Familiarity with WCAG and/or Section 508 accessibility requirements.
- Ability to work with technical and business stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet business needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.