Job ID 2023-5178
Mercury Healthcare, a WebMD Provider Services company, is a technology and data analytics company that empowers healthcare organizations to engage consumers and optimize provider networks to accelerate growth. Our customers benefit from more than 30 years' experience driving intelligent engagement, aligning physicians, and enabling personalized healthcare journeys. WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD’s Ignite is seeking a Vice President of Sales, who has demonstrated superior sales growth and leadership. In this role the successful candidate will hire and manage a team of strategic sales people who are responsible for developing new sales opportunities and managing existing program sales with Hospitals and Health Systems.
WebMD is investing in this business with a data driven focus, new products, managed services and a holistic approach to helping our clients increase their brand perception and grow their operations. The candidate will have successful experience driving the sales team to exceed bookings targets and significantly grow the client base. He or She will support the SVP Sales & AM in the driving the adoption of new products with both new and existing customers and will be familiar with tuning and scaling the go to market approach to accelerate sales and drive up deal sizes
- Reporting to SVP Sales & AM, the Vice President leads a team of up to 10 sales people managing clients and targeting prospects from hospitals and health systems to emerging markets.
- Works in partnership with the SVP Sales & AM helping to organize the overall sales team around new sales initiatives, training, planning, forecasting and budgeting.
- Works as a subject matter expert with the product team to provide feedback on enhancements, new products and partnerships
- Leverages deep understanding of the market, customers and competitors to build GTM strategies that outsmart the competition and drive market share growth.
- Actively manages team pipeline development and structured territory planning processes that ensure delivery against aggressive bookings goals.
- Manages a strong sales process that promptly progresses opportunities through the sales stages to successful close.
- Accurately forecasts results, proactively engaging executives and providing transparency into sales performance.
- Adopts and leverages account planning and strategy tools to build strategic relationships with prospective clients that optimize contract size and cross-sell opportunities.
- Working with the sales team, develops creative proposals that optimize total client spend and accompanying ROI for clients.
- Works across the organization in partnership with sales and account management teams from our clinical business to drive cross opportunities and to position strategically with clients across our portfolio.
- Collaborates closely with sales and account management leaders across the organization
- Builds a performance based team with a strong culture of achievement and success
- Works operationally with partners to drive maximum growth
- Engages in the field with sales teams, prospects and clients, contributing creativity, solution selling expertise and market knowledge to our success.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 5 or more years of sales management experience. Proven track record selling advertising and marketing solutions into Health systems.
- Confident selling direct to clients as well as optimizing business through agency partners.
- Demonstrates an agile approach to selling with the ability to quickly assimilate new value propositions and guide the sales team and clients to adopt them.
- The candidate must be a proven winner with a successful track record of growing and managing sales in a challenging and fast paced environment.
- The candidate must have strong motivational leadership skills and must be able to think strategically about new opportunities and develop and execute against a clear plan of action.
- The candidate must have strong organizational skills, and experience communicating effectively within a sales organization, particularly in the area of sales and revenue forecasting.
- The candidate must be an excellent judge of sales talent and have a record of hiring and training salespeople that has resulted in successful outcomes.
- This candidate must have a strong working knowledge of the various media research services, and have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of WebMD's competitive environment.
Salary Range: $165,000 - $175,000. Plus Commission