Associate Site Reliability Engineer
Job ID 2018-1035
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
As an Associate Site Reliability Engineer,you’ll be involved in designing,
building and supporting the platforms that deliver content and services for all of WebMD Web Properties including, webmd.com, Medscape.com medicinenet.com and rxlist.com. You'll be part of a larger operations and engineering team that works closely with development, QA and
project management teams who build and test applications used by consumers. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to work with a team to ensure the platforms’ reliability, scalability and able ability to withstand increasing demand.
What you’ll do at WebMD:
- Design, build and support the application stack through the web client
- Maintain reliability, latency, and scalability for WebMD’s complex application infrastructure
- Address production issues outside of working hours in in on-call capacity
- Automate workflows through tools, scripting, and programming
- Continuously identify areas of improvement and implement application monitoring best practices using the latest tools
- Have fun working with a highly technical team
About you (Minimum Qualifications):
- 0-1 year experience supporting web-based applications for large scale and high-traffic websites or content management systems like documentum or drupal
- Relevant experience working with UNIX/Linux and systems requiring languages like Python, C, Java, Shell, Powershell or go
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Math, or a total of at least 4 years' experience in IT
- Ability to troubleshoot and conduct performance tuning of distributed systems and Web Applications
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP and load balancing concepts
- Knowledge of a configuration management tool like Chef, Ansible or Saltstack
- Able to communicate high-level technical concepts and implementations with peers and colleagues
- Strong written and verbal English language skills