Sr. Well-being Program Coordinator (Pawtucket, RI and Chelmsford, MA)
Job ID 2020-2318
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Located at client site, split between Pawtucket, RI and Chelmsford, MA
Located at the site of the designated client, the Senior Well-being Program Coordinator (SPC) will work collaboratively with the designated client’s health promotion team and WebMD Health Coaching team to provide a combination of face to face and telephonic health coaching with eligible participants as well as raise awareness of the onsite program and the WebMD products and services that enable it.
The caseload and triage criteria will be decided with the designated client, making up a percentage of their job. The SPC may plan/conduct an indicated number of onsite learning sessions per year. This schedule will also be planned, with the appropriate goals set, alongside the client, within the implementation stage of onboard. The SPC will work with and be a resource for the individual employer units in their health promotion activities.
The SPC is responsible for client satisfaction, retention and reference-ability. S/he will act as customer advocates, as well as a point of contact with senior Customer stakeholders to increase participant engagement and maximize value delivered through the WebMD relationship. They can provide thought leadership and support program planning and impact assessment, as well as coordination and promotion of service.
SPC proactively identifies opportunities for service delivery enhancement and improvement. As opportunities are identified, they work with other Client Services staff, Account and Product Management to improve processes, and develop new solutions.
The successful candidate will have a background in nutrition, health promotion, exercise physiology, and/or nutrition.
In this role you will:
- Perform face-to-face and telephonic at-risk health education
- Lead both individual and group active/walking health education sessions
- Provide assessment of at-risk areas and provide referral to appropriate resources
- Provide ongoing project management for current wellness programs and promotional events for client and/or WebMD
- Ongoing program performance review and health/wellness strategy support
- Understand and deliver client-centered coaching through a combination of reflective listening and identification of readiness to change
- Assist participants' progress through the stages of change for at-risk behavior
- Utilize Motivational Interviewing techniques to elicit behavior change and reduce participant ambivalence
- Improve the health lifestyle behaviors and overall health of participants
- Participate in collective record keeping which allows for continuity to exist between multiple health education sessions
- Assist in the production of aggregate reports which incorporate the health education calls made to participants
- Coordinate the flow of information and materials between WebMD and individual employer units located in the area
- Coordination of meetings and other communications (internal and external)
- Coordination and delivery of onsite events
- Work closely with Wellness Champion teams to support nutrition related initiatives
- Develop and maintain schedules necessary to support the successful execution of client health education programs
- Work closely with food and vending service providers to support nutrition related events and initiatives
- Work closely with client Marketing Team and WebMD Engagement Specialist to develop calendar and scheduling of events tied to on and off campus programs and activities for maximum engagement and nutrition education
- Be a guide, mentor, and lead for fellow Well-being Program Coordinators across client sites
- Other duties specific to the account as designed by the client or WebMD (e.g. conduct biometric screenings or other in person health assessments, support fitness centers, etc.)
Qualifications, skills and experience
- BA / BS in a health related field is required
- Available to travel, as needed
- 5 years Wellness Coordinator/Health Coaching or similar client-facing experience required
- 3 years experience in a corporate environment required, especially consumer-facing interfaces and Health &Wellness administration.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills, including the ability to maintain multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Independent problem solving and decision making ability
- Professional presence and technical credibility to interact with senior-level customer contacts.
- Familiarity with MS Office suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Have excellent communication, organizational, multi-tasking, presentation and computer skills
- MPH is a differentiator
- Certified Wellness Practitioner, CHES, Wellcoach certification preferred
- Business and technology services experience
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential and sensitive information (including Protected Health Information) that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.