Associate HR Business Partner
Job ID 2018-13688
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
Client support for the Atlanta office
The HR Associate will be the HR site leader and primary point of contact, responsible for HR related activity in Atlanta. They will work closely with the SVP, Consumer Editorial and in collaboration with a team of HR colleagues based primarily in NY (including benefits specialists, recruiters and HR business partners).
This is a client-centered role for a resourceful, independent and enthusiastic individual. The key to success in this role is the ability to work in a field office, away from both headquarters and their manager, to foster a positive, integrated, performance driven culture in unison with the greater organization. Resilience and experience leading through change is required as we are growth oriented and this is a transitional time. A primary responsibility will be to ensure that the company continues to attract, develop and retain top talent at all levels to support our growth objectives. The individual will be a strong communicator and able to quickly integrate into the team and earn credibility with clients.
The HR Associate will focus on the full employee lifecycle including planning, on-boarding, team building, career development, performance management, employee relations, HR administration, training, learning management system support, and recognition. They will be instrumental in facilitating HR programs such as lunch and learns, new hire orientation, talent reviews, benefit fairs, local volunteerism efforts and the summer internship program to name a few.
The Associate will be interested in technology and experienced in human resource information systems to support process efficiency (such as Day Force, Jobvite Applicant Tracking System, org charting, reporting tools). They will demonstrate and teach clients to navigate systems as well as support the Professional and Consumer HR team in ensuring timely and seamless execution of HR transactions. Attention to detail and a keen sense of organization dynamics is critical. They will be able to explain how our tools support our process and articulate our philosophy of self-service with a very client-centric touch.
This is a key role in ensuring that the organization maintain consistent processes and, as a part of the Human Resources team supporting the Public Portals business, the individual in this role will be responsible for completing a broad set of operational activities. This includes processing HR transactions and collaborating with departments such as Finance and Payroll. The individual in this role will handle sensitive and confidential information so earning and maintaining stakeholder’s confidence is expected through accurately managing the administrative processes.
L&D support, including LMS administration
The Associate will work with Learning & Development to ensure that our Learning Management System is well utilized both in terms of learning, development and in terms of inviting and tracking participation.
- BA/BS Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum four years's experience providing direct client support as an HR generalist
- Experience with various HR systems and databases and be able to successfully compile workforce reports from these systems
- High energy, proactive attitude is a critical success factor, as is a proven ability to create a presence in the business as a business partner
- Experience successfully driving employee engagement and cultural initiatives
- Familiarity with HR policies/procedures so that the individual can communicate and apply the policies consistently with all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws
- Confidence, resourcefulness and a sense of independence as HR site leader will be the sole HR team member in location, collaborating with HR colleagues and specialists based in othe locations (NYC)
- Experience dealing with employee relations in a productive and efficient manner
- Skilled with Excel and PowerPoint to support business activities
- Good judgement in maintaining confidentiality of employee and company information as well as understanding appropriate escalation
- Outstanding customer service as well as problem solving skills with a positive, “can-do” approach
- High attention to detail, organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle high volume of requests in an effective and timely manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced coursework in Business, HR, Communication, PHR Certification preferred
- Awareness of OFCCP regulations relating to HR and Recruiting preferred
- Experience with delivering training