Market Research Manager
Job ID 2020-2496
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Market Research Panel and Marketing Manager
Medscape Market Research is a unique team within the Medscape Division of WebMD. Our primary goal is to help healthcare market researchers execute their research projects by tapping into our pool of highly engaged physicians and other healthcare professionals. To learn more about Medscape’s market research offering, go to: www.medscapemarketresearch.com .
The Market Research Panel and Marketing Manager will be responsible for the retention and acquisition of our health care professional survey panel. This role will work closely with multiple departments (marketing, data management, product development and survey customer support) to plan and execute panel strategies to successfully drive the market research business forward.
The Medscape healthcare professional panel is comprised of engaged healthcare professionals (HCP) who are accessing Medscape for clinical content. Our market research team leverages these Medscape visitors to build our high quality HCP panel.
- The management and expansion of the Medscape healthcare professional panel.
- Develop and execute strategies to improve panel KPIs (eg. Acquisition, retention, response rate, completion rate).
- Present KPIs to management with recommendations on improvements.
- Optimization of the panelist experience (including the incentive payment process) to maximize retention, value for the respondent and value for Medscape.
- Work closely with customer support and the market research team to identify and implement process improvements that lead to improved panelist satisfaction and retention.
- Responsible for the quality of the respondents. This includes being responsible for all validation processes and blacklist management.
- Collaborate with external departments to ensure the on-going health of the panel.
- Master our proprietary panel and project execution platform.
- 5 years of applicable experience in online market research, marketing and/or panel management.
- Must have the ability to think strategically to build an approach that supports panel growth and engagement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Ability to multi-task among many different priorities at once.
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently to drive initiatives forward with little guidance.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS-Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in marketing, market research or other aligned major.
- Experience and understanding of the healthcare marketplace and various data sources (NPI, AMA, etc.)
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative market research
- Knowledge of market research legal and privacy policies
- Experience with global market research and/or panels
- Experience in digital marketing