Job ID 2020-1880
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to join our Global Marketing Solutions department.
This a sales support role. We are looking for talented individuals that have strong business development experience - this is not a direct-selling role. This position is based in New York City and reports directly to the Global Director of Marketing Solutions. The primary role is to provide day-to-day sales support within our global Professional business sector (i.e. Medscape.com) based in London. Our Global Marketing Solutions team supports over 11 Professional Sales Reps and their customers spanning Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Device as well as Pharmaceutical and Interactive Agencies. The ideal candidate will have global pharmaceutical physician marketing and interactive advertising experience with a keen ability to oversee multiple areas of our business.
Day-to-day Responsibilities Include:
- Provide support for all sales cycle related functions including proposal and presentation collateral
- Manage a queue of requests to create program strategy, guarantees, and pricing models (configurations) in Excel
- Liaise between field force and all other Professional Network internal departments, e.g. inventory team, program delivery, business intelligence, etc.
- Manage data entry and update communications for deals among the sales force and the Global Marketing Solutions team. Manage all deal revisions and reconfigurations.
- Update and educate sales force to reinforce value proposition and market positioning of professional MD/HCP products, marketing data and new marketing initiatives
- Manage and update Marketing Solutions special projects
- Review all deals that pass through the organization with the responsibility of vetting accuracy of financials, guarantees, and contract language.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience in a similar function
- Minimum 2+ years in similar online marketing, and/or business development experience, expertise in pharmaceutical marketing role a differentiator
- Strong communication skills, presentation skills and analytics
- Strong ability to multi-task, reprioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Advertising Agency experience, in healthcare market preferred
- Online media knowledge and background
- Extremely detail oriented and accuracy focused, with an interest in data analytics
- Ability to problem solve and take the lead on financial reconfigurations, including fluency with numbers and complex calculations
- Superior organizational and relationship building skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to rapidly evolving business needs. Must be able to navigate conflicting interests, identify the most pragmatic solution, and implement a solution that improves upon existing processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Knowledge of the global healthcare marketing space
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills