Job ID 2019-1712
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is seeking an experienced and accomplished Product Manager to join the team and support the management and development of products for its core consumer site, WebMD.com. You can help millions of people, every day, who are on a journey toward healthier living.
The Product Manager is expected to perform all product management duties including product portfolio management, ideation with stakeholders and teams, user and market research, requirements gathering and documenting, scrum team participation, agile product ownership, and post-launch product evaluation and maintenance. Stakeholders and teams include editorial, audience engagement, SEO, publishing, UX/design, engineering, sales, business intelligence and marketing.
- The successful candidate must have the experience, vision, creativity, and drive to get up to speed quickly and perform this role effectively. A balance of business understanding and technical acumen is required. Must have the ability to translate ideas into requirements that yield unique, engaging user products.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a passionate advocate for our products
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills
- Partner with stakeholders to determine business requirements and goals.
- Collaborate with other user experience experts, visual designers and engineers to reach the best possible version of a feature or product to bring to market
- Lead cross-functional, agile teams throughout the product lifecycle to ensure your product features meet goals and objectives
- Manage feature backlogs and product documentation such as user stories, use cases, user flows, logic flows, and functional specifications
- Monitor key metrics and A/B tests to support continual optimization of his/her product
- BA/BS degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Marketing, Digital or Graphic Design, Media Studies or related field preferred or a similar amount of’ product experience
- 3+ years’ experience in online and software product management and development including gathering and documenting product requirements for development teams inclusive of business rationale, user needs and functional specifications
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and keen interest in following emerging technologies.
- Proficiency in agile project management software and methodologies is necessary- JIRA preferred
- Experience with Omniture and/or data metrics analysis
- Expert organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to make quick decisions and thrive in fast-paced environment
- Experience working with health or wellness/lifestyle brands and/or consumer-facing publishing sites is a plus.