Intern - Medscape Consult
Job ID 2021-2885
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Intern – Medscape Consult
Summer Internship – 6/7 – 8/20 in NYC or 5/24 – 8/13 in Atlanta
Medscape Consult (http://www.medscape.com/consult or https://www.medscape.com/public/about) is a crowdsourced digital community on app and browser in which physicians and medical students ask about, share, and discuss clinical cases and questions. The Consult team moderates the community and creates content to engage and educate the community based on contributor-generated cases and posts. The role of intern for Medscape Consult will be deeply involved in audience-generated clinical content curation and creation, community engagement, audience support, and physician contributor outreach.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the creation and/or editing of text and image content for newsletters, mailers, or push alerts based on community-generated posts.
- Moderating and editing the Consult posts feed to help ensure the clarity, quality, utility, and compliance guidelines of cases and clinical questions.
- Supporting and engaging with the Consult audience to improve the visibility of and interest by the community in their posts, including researching supporting content from within Medscape.
- Occasionally communicating with physician partners to request post responses or updates and track their contributions.
- Conduct a project to identify potential new contributors from among physicians and medical students active in the Medscape community or in social media on clinical topics.
- Assisting the Managing Editor to identify trends in content coverage and to analyze the performance of mailers and alerts.
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Enrolled in Undergrad or Graduate program and returning for the Fall 2021 semester.
- Strong writing and editing experience, or a degree with emphasis on writing, especially clinical or science writing, or news and communications - the ability to identify and create intriguing hooks and boil down challenging content to its essence.
- Undergraduate major or minor or graduate-level studies in the biological sciences, medicine, or a clinical field strongly preferred.
- Interest in and experience with social media or crowdsourced communities, either personally or professionally.
- Comfort with Microsoft and Google products and other text and image editing or organizational tools; experience with or ease in adopting digital coworking, analytics, marketing, and/or presentation tools (such as CMSs, Braze, Tableau, Trello, Jira, Snagit, Powerpoint.)
- Being an adaptable, quick thinking, conscientious, and supportive team member.