Job ID 2019-1601
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Medscape Education is seeking an individual interested in working in the Medical Education field in our offices in The Netherlands. The Program Manager (PM) supports the development of text and multimedia online educational content, which are published globally on the leading healthcare professional education site. Specifically, the PM serves as the primary leader for assigned programs and is responsible for the successful on-time, on-budget delivery of all programs, from contract signing through on time publishing. A portfolio of programs are managed within the project management software tool. This position interacts with and manages task assignments for internal stakeholders across multiple departments and external partners: Medical Education Directors, Production, Studio, Creative, Marketing department, supporters, and providers, as well as outside vendors.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of assigned projects to ensure program processes are followed, deliverables aligns with original specifications, and project are on time and within budget
- Mitigate project delays and identify potential for project accelerations; Offer creative solutions to overcome development issues
- Manage short (several months) and long-term (up to a year) projects involving multiple team members representing different departments based across multiple time zones globally
- Review program plan and manage dependencies and critical path issues within project management tool
- Schedule and facilitate program initiation, planning and status meetings
- Communicate program goals and status to the project team and outside academic and society partners, vendors as needed. Provide strong team representation by providing regular communications to both internal and external stakeholders
- Schedule, manage logistics and attend onsite scheduled multimedia program recordings
- Modify schedules and/or project plans as necessary. Prepare and present project reports for all stakeholders
- Source, negotiate, and execute projects with outside vendors
- Provide weekly report updates within project management tool regarding program variances and issues to management; prepare risk-management strategies for program mitigation as needed, provide ongoing risk-management communications to management
- Reconcile budgets when necessary
- Reports to Team Lead, providing regular status input and documentation on program activity
- Maintain a friendly and productive relationship through clear articulation and an effective communication style with internal and external stakeholders
- Continuously identify opportunities for process improvement
Who you are:
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to efficiently coordinate and work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a highly deadline-driven environment, while taking into consideration stakeholders based across multiple time zones globally
- Ability and desire to meet deadlines and deliver results with minimum supervision by creatively using existing resources in a productive and/or innovative way, to quickly deal with unforeseen issues, manage conflicting interests between teams and identify compromise and/or solutions to ensure that timelines are consistently met
- Ability to organize and motivate large cross-functional teams
- Strong project management approach of “responsible and driving” the programs versus passive ‘reporting’ on status. Results oriented personality preferred.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, and very high energy with a willingness to accept varied assignments
- Extreme focus on accuracy, attention to detail and consistency of work
- Well organized and able to balance multiple simultaneous projects.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and team-building skills
- Estimated ~20% international travel required
- Bachelor Degree required; Advanced degree or PMI certification a plus
- Minimum of three years’ progressively responsible project and process management experience required; within the healthcare environment or medical education environment strongly preferred
- Experience with continuing medical education materials a plus
- Experience in an external client-facing environment
- High professionalism, ability to work independently, and easy rapport in building collaborative work relationships
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills and possess an eye for details
- Ability to provide creative solutions independently or within a team dynamic as issues arise
- Excellent verbal communication, writing, and grammar skills
- Above average ability to use Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Experience with web-based document sharing sites (such as Box) and web-based project management tools (such as Workfront) a plus
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Chinese, Japanese and Spanish will be considered as an asset