Job ID 2022-3681
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The ideal candidate for this job will be a versatile writer who can create high-quality, engaging, news and
feature stories in a variety of formats. Other responsibilities include:
- Experienced journalist/writer with proven news judgment
- Demonstrated ability to write daily breaking news stories and to consistently meet deadlines
- Write engaging health and medical content that resonates with physician and consumer audiences
- Create informative written content for WebMD and Medscape in multiple formats such as video, slide presentations, infographics, newsletters and more.
- Source and interview patients, medical professionals and other experts for news and feature stories
- Ability to make complex medical and scientific topics clear and compelling for different audiences
- Dedication to producing medically accurate content from knowledgeable sources
- Develop novel ideas for enterprise stories
- Robust curiosity and dogged attitude
- Cultivate and manage a corps of freelance writers and editors
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related discipline
- Demonstrated familiarity with health, medicine, and/or science topics
- 5+ years of relevant experience, working in a fast-paced news or publishing organization
- Previous experience managing writers, editors or creative staff is preferred
- Possess a positive attitude under pressure and excellent interpersonal team skills
- Ability to work independently and to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams