WebMD Magazine Photographer
Job ID 2019-1709
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD magazine, published eight times per year, is seeking an experienced editorial photographer/photo stylist to collaborate with the editorial team to produce consistent, high-quality photos that support WebMD’s brand image. The candidate will also be responsible for creating graphics to support WebMD editorial articles and videos.
- Oversee the creative approach to original photography for WebMD magazine. This includes coming up with creative and dynamic layouts as well as shooting original photos for food and beauty sections.
- Plan, coordinate, design and schedule all photo shoots. This includes purchasing props, backgrounds, designing lighting etc.
- Manage photo schedule including seeking the proper approvals at ideation stage as well as final approval of all images.
- Manage all post-shoot editing including touch-ups and color corrections.
- Ensure on-time delivery of assets to magazine production team.
- Create original photo spreads and graphic designs for digital editorial content experiences. Could include infographics, animated gifs, original photography
- Bachelors degree in a related field or related experience
- 5+ years experience in a related position
- Highly proficient using all types of cameras and photo equipment including lighting
- Expertise in Photoshop. Experience in InDesign and Illustrator would be nice to have.
- Must be highly organized, a strong communicator and team player
- Able to quickly prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Applicants must have a superb eye for visual composition, and a demonstrated knowledge and experience of cooking techniques, food preparation, and food styling, as well as product styling.