Sr Analyst, Member Acquisition - AE
Job ID 2019-1201
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Senior Analyst of Member Acquisition is an integral member of the Medscape Education Audience Engagement team and is primarily responsible for acquiring and re-engaging members for Medscape Education. Specifically, this position will be responsible for orchestrating and optimizing marketing plans to achieve and sustain membership growth in the digital and live space, and will be an analytical thought partner tasked to connecting data to demonstrate business outcomes for both new and existing audiences.
The Senior Analyst, Member Acquisition will report to the Director of the Audience Engagement team, and will be required to work closely with multiple cross-functional teams (eg, Data Analytics, Marketing and Product teams) to support membership growth and to provide management with regular status updates. This ideal candidate will be excited to work in a data-driven culture, be a self-starter, show a strong bias for data and for action, and be highly results-driven. He/she must have a proven ability to meet deadlines, while being proactive and detail-oriented.
- Partner with Director of Audience Engagement to identify, test, prove out, and scale acquisition channels and strategies for Medscape Education, converting leads into members
- Drive funnel optimization through testing, creative iteration, and A/B testing
- Project manage member acquisition initiatives with cross-functional stakeholders
- Assist with the management of market research initiatives to better understand target audiences and user segments
- Help develop innovative, multi-platform marketing programs across channels including online, mobile, email, live, social media and paid campaigns
- Analyze site utilization and member profiles for persona development, to inform marketing communications and to drive actionable insights and segmentation
- Own tracking and reporting of user acquisition funnel, including data around customer behavior, levers for scale, and conversion rate optimization
- Ensure marketing data is accurate and easily accessible, work with the Data Analytics team to develop standardized dashboards and help reconcile differences between data sources
- Stay up-to-date on key trends in the digital marketing, healthcare and online education areas
- 4+ years online marketing experience, of which, 3+ years are in audience acquisition marketing
- Experience in growth analytics, including attribution, channel effectiveness, and ROI analysis
- Must be proactive, resourceful and self-directed
- Ability to work as an independent contributor, own and lead projects from end-to-end
- Proven success in working with cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational, operational, analytical, and project management skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Highly skilled at pulling data from different sources and analyzing within spreadsheets
- Strong ability to distill complex analyses into easy-to-consume business insights
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills – especially in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel
- Education: BA/BS in marketing is preferred
- Significant domain knowledge in the online education space a plus
- Experience with web analytics (Omniture, Tableau) a plus