Product Marketing Mgr
Job ID 2021-2598
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Product Manager, Product Marketing is a fully dedicated role shaping the future of Medscape’s commercial products. You will provide highly skilled, proactive project management to ensure efficient and effective execution of new or updated product rollouts, with the goal of maximizing product revenues and ensuring successful product implementations. This position is responsible for facilitating product kick-off and status meetings, creating and tracking product documentation, managing products throughout lifecycle, and coordinating resources from various internal departments. She/he needs to possess a strong ability to lead and communicate specific tasks and timing to a broad group of team members associated with the development and subsequent delivery of products. You will report to the Director, Product Marketing to drive business insights, impacts and results. This is inclusive of setting strategy with data-driven insights, monitoring progress, adjusting plans and reporting progress.
- Analyze product business to determine trends, sales, and training needs to drive product recommendations. Identify patterns, share with stakeholders to inform business decisions periodically
- Develop additional strategies for implementation efficiencies and providing internal guidance across various operational teams on how to execute
- Project manage product innovations, new products and product enhancements across platforms including liaison between Technical Product, Editorial, Member Marketing, Marketing Solutions, 50th street implementation teams, Business Intelligence, Ad implementation teams
- Provide extensive data and analysis across the Product Marketing team to support all product management (ranging from trends on ad products to thought starters in other areas as well)
- Oversee Business Intelligence teams to ensure product reporting architecture is developed and maintained accurately
- Work with Global and US teams to understand trends
- Manage operational projects across products
- Communicate the value proposition of new products to all go-to-market teams and ensure that effective sales support materials and packages are created
- 4-year Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience which can be a combination of Marketing, Project Management or in capacity working closely with with business and client service groups, in the digital arena. ideally with a premium publisher or ad tech company.
- The individual should possess excellent problem solving and relationship management skills.
- Experience in defining and operationalizing requirements for large-scale, complex products or systems and the ability to work cross-functionally is essential.
- Individual must be highly analytical with strong communication and presentation skills, ideally describing yourself as an “Excel Ninja”.
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical/CPG verticals are a plus
- Technical Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Experience with Tableau and Ad Servers is also a plus.