Market Research Analyst
Job ID 2021-3305
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Market Research Analyst will provide research and analytics for decision-support to our internal and external clients. Using survey based research along with developing technologies as a tool to collect, analyze, develop, and deliver information, the Analyst helps clients define survey objectives, design the study and synthesize data for easy consumption.
The Analyst will maintain data integrity, use a variety of analytic techniques to understand data and relay the survey results to the project team. This position is responsible for ensuring that project deliverables address client objectives and accurately present findings in a clear, concise, and compelling manner. The ideal candidate will turn complex data into actionable insights for the sales, marketing, and corporate teams.
The Research Analyst will be responsible for overseeing the research process and will:
- Participate in study design with project team and/or clients
- Project manage both internal and third-party studies (e.g. measurement feasibility, questionnaire design, asset tagging, recruitment management/troubleshooting, and delivery of results)
- Demonstrate understanding of survey sampling methods, their impact, and use
- Write and format questionnaires using preferred questionnaire writing processes
- Monitor the quality of the data and discard non-qualified respondents (set and apply criteria)
- Perform phases of the data analysis plan using necessary tools with guidance from experienced team members
- Analyze research results, create visual charts, and write meaningful narratives that effectively convey the implications of the data
- Simultaneously manage multiple research programs
- Monitor field progress, liaise with survey programmer/field coordinator to troubleshoot
- Deliver insightful and meaningful analytics to internal and external clients
- Ensure sound and rigorous survey measurement in accordance with market research standards
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or equivalent, Masters/MBA+ or equivalent experience a plus
- Minimum 1+ years (including total paid/unpaid internship and/or co-op experience) in digital and/or traditional market research
- CPG/OTC/Pharma, research supplier, agency experience preferred
- Experience with a broad range of research methodologies, preferably ad effectiveness/brand lift research
- Basic questionnaire design and understanding of survey logic
- Familiarity with third-party market research vendors (e.g. comScore, Kantar)
- Strategic thinker who is also willing to roll up sleeves and understand the details
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Planning, prioritization, and time management excellence
- Proactive, especially in pushing for new opportunities, approaches, and ideas
- Keenly focused on action and solutions; thriving with deep critical thinking and analysis
- Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable, strong ability to pivot when the need arises
Tools: Microsoft Office, SPSS, Survey Programming Tools. Tableau a plus