Marketing Analyst, Audience Engagement
Job ID 2019-1387
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Medscape, a division of WebMD, is currently seeking a Marketing Analyst, Audience Engagement, for our New York Education business unit. Medscape develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, as well as earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
The Marketing Analyst position will report to the Marketing Manager of the Audience Engagement team and will be primarily responsible for tracking, analyzing, reporting, and optimizing email marketing campaigns to help achieve contractual traffic and revenue goals for all sold Medscape Education activities and outcomes studies that target both physicians and other healthcare professionals. The ideal candidate will bring strong project management, data management, analytical, communication, and problem solving skills. He/she must have a proven ability to meet tight deadlines, while maintaining the ability to think strategically and work proactively.
- Collaborate closely with the Audience Engagement team to manage and coordinate email tactics within marketing plans for all sold Medscape Education activities. More specifically:
- Develop a strong understanding of the Education product portfolio in order to assist in the creation of key email strategies to target the right audience
- Orchestrate email marketing campaigns and oversee deployment of direct response tactics
- Perform deep-dives of email marketing campaigns to inform best practices for different Educational products
- Collaborate with internal team to develop/update email assets (e.g. new email templates) for current and new products
- Manage and execute on custom email target lists, and communicate timelines with Project Managers within WorkFront to determine revenue recognition dates
- Manage in-language email processes for timely execution of promotional materials
- Oversee overall activity performance and analyze email response rates on a daily/weekly basis in order to quickly adjust marketing campaigns to meet revenue goals
- Assist with revenue-pacing analyses based on activity performance at the end of every quarter – to provide upper management with daily status updates
- Assist in providing ongoing reporting and analysis to inform and support business decisions by:
- Creating and disseminating monthly summary reports (eg, activity tracking reports) that will help drive business decisions
- Understanding the key drivers and audiences for each business unit and their specific marketing potential
- Creating documentation around new processes derived from email testing results
- Collaborate with Audience Engagement team to develop comprehensive onsite and social media campaigns to drive participation to Medscape Education site
- Work with internal teams and senior management to share internal promotional data, as well as provide insight into new market trends and promotional methods that may improve Medscape Education’s current promotional strategies
- May be required to support internal members with WebMD Education marketing plans
- Education: BA/BS degree or equivalent years of experience.
- 2+ years of related work experience in the digital or email marketing space
- Must be proactive, responsible, accountable, detail-oriented and results-driven
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, operational, analytical, presentation, and project management skills combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven success in working both independently as well as with cross-functional teams
- Proficient in understanding, representing, and communicating data-driven analysis to various departments and senior management
- Excellent organization and documentation skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Experience in Omniture a plus
- Familiar with project tracking and management; experience in WorkFront a plus
- Background in the healthcare industry and direct-to-physician/healthcare professional marketing experience a plus