Senior Project Manager
Job ID 2019-1564
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
As Sr. Digital Project Manager you will oversee all aspects of production for complex, multi-disciplinary digital web-design work. Working closely with the development teams and you will be responsible for managing project schedules, identifying risks and handling communication out to project stakeholders and strategic external partners. In this role you are a facilitator, gathering information for decision making, proposing recommendations, and adjusting program direction accordingly for successful delivery. You are a self-starter with attention to detail and can demonstrate the ability to prioritize, resource plan and manage stakeholders. You relish the opportunity to work with diverse teams under high pressure and tight timelines.
- Leads & manages the Agile development product lifecycle to include user story creation, design, development, and QA of the project
- Ensures assigned projects are following process
- Responsible for managing the progress and sprint milestones of deliverables. Identifies and manages project dependencies and blocker issues.
- Helps support the team in user story estimation making sure that time commitments are achievable
- Handles project related issues or questions and escalates when necessary; also helps to develop issue action plans where applicable
- Escalates exposure to risk associated at the sprint and overall product/project level; develops risk mitigation & contingency plans
- Responsible for identifying any resource needs or constraints on their respective project and provides appropriate escalation to their manager where there is prioritization conflicts. Communicates changes to their manager to inform forecasting and capacity planning
- Oversees transition between functional groups to ensure project delivery via automated system like JIRA/Confluence.
- Responsible for ensuring that the appropriate level of QA and User Acceptance Testing occurs
- Creates project documentation for the assigned projects and ensures that all project documents are stored or linked to from this folder (as needed based on size of project)
- Ensures project team is accurately reporting their time and status throughout the project
- Ensures appropriate launch communication occurs
- Ensures the appropriate level of documentation is produced
- Assures that the adoption of PM tool sets including SDLC, SCRUM and AGILE are adhered to
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of IT web project management experience
- Minimum 2 years agile and scrum experience
- Experience working for an online company
- Understanding of web technologies so they can effectively manage risk & complexities within projects
- Experience juggling multiple projects (3 – 5) at one time
- Knowledge of system development life cycles (SDLC) and how they relate to project management processes
- Exhibits an interest in the product interworkings and development
- Works efficiently with resources in multiple locations
- Demonstrates proactive issue resolution with dependencies on project success related to interdependencies on other teams
- Ability to manage and/or influence team members and senior management