Sr. Manager, Strategic Accounts
Job ID 2023-5156
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The position will require the Manager Strategic Accounts to build relationships with interactive agencies and pharma clients. The successful incumbent will have 2+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or in selling media working with agencies and/or pharmaceutical companies. The position requires strong relationship building skills, knowledge of interactive media buying and selling. The Manager, Strategic Accounts will be focused on developing online media solutions specially to support the promotion of Pharma and/or Medical Device brands on the WebMD Network and will have the opportunity to use his/her industry knowledge and/or contacts to develop prospects and grow revenue for WebMD. The successful candidate will be dedicated to developing and closing new business and growing existing business. Presentation and communication skills are essential to be successful in this role.
- Generate revenue by closing strategic account sales within the Professional Promotion business
- Sell digital advertising solutions including display media, engagement products, custom content, programmatic offerings Strategic accounts are named clients critical to the organization in terms of high growth potential
- Sell across all lines of revenue for Medscape
- Duties may require some travel. Work under minimal supervision for prospecting and closing revenue
- Wide latitude for independent judgment
- Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency in sales story, post-sales ROI story telling and data interpretation
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 2 years selling to pharma and health or media agencies.
- Strong analytic, problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to build strong internal/external relationships
- Strong MS Office skills (e.g. Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Outstanding writing and oral communication skills required
- Ability to effectively track sales pipelines with accuracy
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Present a professional demeanor and strong work ethic
- Ability to travel required