Senior Software Engineer
Job ID 2023-5348
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD Health Corp., an Internet Brands Company, is the leading provider of health information services, serving patients, physicians, health care professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals, mobile platforms, and health-focused publications. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, Jobson Healthcare Information, prIME Oncology, MediQuality, Frontline, QxMD, Vitals Consumer Services, MedicineNet, eMedicineHealth, RxList, OnHealth, Medscape Education, and other owned WebMD sites. WebMD®, Medscape®, CME Circle®, Medpulse®, eMedicine®, MedicineNet®, theheart.org®, and RxList® are among the trademarks of WebMD Health Corp. or its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For Company details, visit our website: www.webmd.com
Education: B.E. Computer Science/IT degree (or any other engineering discipline)
Experience: 5+ years
Work timings: 2 PM to 11 PM IST
- Hands on experience in Python development
- Experience in JS/HTML Forms, HTML Source
- Experience with web crawlers
- Knowledge of Perl/PHP/Node.JS will be an added advantage
- Experience with MySQL (usage, configuration, and optimization)
- Experience with Linux Ubuntu (usage, configuration)
- Experience with programmer tool: GIT
- Understanding of XML files would be an added advantage
- Ability to generate clean and commented code
Role & Responsibilities:
- Support scientists & doctors for accessing critical research by creating a process for proactively identifying and resolving issues with institutional integrations that are used to provide our users with access medical content
- Manage/maintain system for parsing universities’ subscriptions files
- Work with existing team to build tools to improve current backend stack infrastructure
- Setting up and providing support for proxy and library holdings integrations
- Automate and refine the processes